Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 2

New faces today, 6 students total.

Tonight we worked a T-.. T-.... t-grab? Where you're standing and 'swim' your arm under theirs so that you're on their side, one of their arms pinned behind your back, your head into their chin and then their other arm trapped under your lateral muscles with the stress being on that opposed to on the hand.

Basically defense against swings:
Swing 1, you grab their shoulder with arm 1
swing 2, you grab and pinch, with arm 2

rotate to the side of the first throw, pinch your legs, kick and then return your foot as to losen their balance and sit them down, cross your leg over and mount

or a hip throw and mount,

Then we did it where you crossed your leg behind theirs- making sure to point you knee and toes to the side and throw your arm to sit. Cross your leg over and mount.

I learned i needed to be more controlling of the situation - less me laying down with them and instead like, 'i have your arm and this is what i'm doing it!'. Aggressive, I guess is what I'm getting at.

Worked a kick to the hip to push an aggressor back as well as to keep your hands up in a non-threatening way in an attempt to disarm the situation but also to keep yourself protected.

Then to finish up we had the instructor w/ gloves on swinging at us for us to block and grab to try one of the moves we learned earlier.

No rolling.

Felt like I made some new friends or at the least had authentic conversations with new BJJ or gym noobs. I explained my thought of wire or dot people to a very new guy and he liked the analogy a lot. "closing my eyes when rolling and knowing where bodies were and what muscular intent was".

My good friend Jessica was to come but she has school tonight, to she's coming tomorrow. The instructor has a gi she can wear and Jessica wanted me to ask for something for her "cocoa booty" (??) - I did.

I'm excited for Jessica and think she'll like it. I especially enjoyed meeting and interacting with new people. I feel like I have a disarming quality where people's ego's aren't on the line.

Tonight was training!

No comments:

Post a Comment